Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day


Last Thursday my mom called to frantically tell me that the 2 houses behind ours (well, my parents') had caught fire and that my dad was the only reason that my parents' house didn't burn down. The full story includes a 911 call, helicopter news footage, and my dad hosing down burning debris on the roof of the house and yard and flagging down fire marshals to get them to battle the flames through our backyard. No one was hurt, and actually the home directly behind ours was vacant at the time.

My dad is a bad a$$. I mean it! And now everyone in the neighborhood knows what I have for a long time. I am just so proud that he's my dad. He is a Libra like me (although I'm sure he has never told anyone "I'm a Libra," or even knows what that means) so he is the best of both worlds - farm hand and scientist, architect and carpenter, stern and oh-so hilarious. He's got that old timey wisdom and tells me things like "Honey, the world's not picking on you that's just the way it is." From him I get my perseverance, sense of humor, sweet tooth, and a healthy fascination with fire.

So, thanks for being my dad, Daddy. I love you! I made you this card and it should get to you tomorrow.

Father's Day Card, originally uploaded by Sweet Moss.

No comments:

Post a Comment